Vintage style weddings are going from strength to strength, with more and more brides opting for the DIY approach to theirs. So you’ve got the fabulous bunting and the vintage china teacups sorted but the cake may be one thing that’s a little bit daunting to approach without a professional… Until now!
This fabulous display of elegant and stylish cakes will add the finishing touch to any wedding reception or special occasion, be it your own, a family or friend’s or your customers’. You’ll learn how to make all of it in your day with us. We’ve baked over 30,000 cupcakes and in that time have learnt what brides want, as well as what looks most spectacular on a cake stand. We believe this is the perfect combination for your wedding photos, birthday party or portfolio!
A great chance to learn cake splitting, preparing, covering, and how to design beautiful cakes in a single day. This stunning collection of cakes will wow your friends, guests or customers!
This informal, friendly class covers a variety of techniques. Some experience of handling sugarpaste would be helpful when joining us for this class. During the day you spend with us, (10.30am until about 5pm) you will…
- Learn to use and handle florist paste to make effective floral decorations.
- Learn to level a cutting cake for an exact finish.
- How and why we apply a crumb coat of icing to the cutting cake.
- Preparing and colouring sugarpaste icing.
- Covering the cutting cake in sugarpaste and how to perfectly finish the cake.
- Create a gorgeous sugar craft bow to perfectly tie up your cake.
- Covering and finishing cupcakes with sugarpaste tops for a really elegant finish.
- Learn the purpose of CMC and how to use moulds for the best results.
- Design floral cupcakes and learn different veining and dusting techniques.
- Give your decorations a pearlised effect.
Throughout the day we will explain time saving and preparation hints and tips to get you fully prepared for baking for any occasion
You’ll get hands-on and decorate your own 6″ cake and 6 cupcakes to take home, using the skills and techniques you’ve learnt to create a taster of a stunning cake display.
You can see lots more photos and latest workshop news here.
Our beautiful purpose fitted professional cake studio in Hagley, Worcestershire (DY9). About 11 miles from Birmingham, on the train line from Birmingham Snow Hill Station.
This workshop costs £125 per person for the day workshop, including lunch, all materials, notes of what you’ve learnt and your box of beautifully decorated cupcakes to take home. And please bear in mind that this class may run over a little on time.
These workshops often sell out very quickly, so if you’re after a specific date, please book quick smart. Much as we’d love to, we can’t squeeze any extras in one we’re sold out, even if you’re really, really small. To keep up to date with when we add new dates, please join our workshops mailing list and/or our Facebook page.