Floral painting on cakes is a trend that will never end. From big blooms to delicate petals, there is a style of painting you'll love. This class covers basic cake painting skills using cocoa butter.
During the day with us you'll learn...
- How to prepare paint using cocoa butter and dusts
- The type paintbrushes you need
- How to paint a perfectly round wreath
- Paint a large cabbage rose and 2 small buds
- Create easy filler flower clusters
- How to paint leaves and add depth
- How to paint lavender and add all the beautiful finishing touches
**** This class requires you to bring your own covered dummy cakes to work on. These can be any size you like as its as skills based class. The size I used is 6 inch round by 6 inch high and 4 inch round by 5 inch high. This is also placed on a 8 inch white cake drum. Purchased from Vanilla Valley. The size wreath you will be making is a 6 inch round ****
This class is taught using dummy cakes so that we can concentrate on decorating techniques, rather than cake carving. You'll take home your own decorated dummy cake, which will be perfect to display or use at wedding fairs for months to come.
This class runs from 10-2. There is no designated lunch break but feel free to bring along a light snack if you wish.